Mom, here’s a fun project you and your children could do to add some flair to your Christmas decorations. These snow globes are waterless and easy, and they add a seasonal feel to your home over the holidays. I found an antique blue mason jar at a secondhand store that was perfect for a unique snow globe, but I love clear ones too.
What you need:
- Mason jars with lids
- Artificial snow from craft or garden stores
- Miniature figures of trees or other holiday items
- Simply add a little bit of artificial snow to the bottom of the jar and set a small tree inside!
- For the clear mason jar snow globe, we glued the tree to the lid before screwing it back together again and setting it upside down!
- For a snowy look, add more snow to the jar while it is upright, and then screw the lid and flip it over.
- Get fancy and add cute little animals or add multiple small trees.
See how easy it is with this fun video:
And as a special surprise, my friends at Christian Mommy are giving away two prize packages featuring a snow globe kit and a copy of my latest book Simple Gatherings, just in time for your Christmas and New Year’s get-togethers. Enter below to win.
Melissa Michaels is creator of the popular home decorating blog The Inspired Room as well as the author of several books. She and her family live in the Seattle area.